Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Another Teapotter Challenge....SUMMER CAMP!

Let me begin by giving props to some people...first, my tent design came from here and the suitcase outer sleeve came from fellow splitcoast stamper Lorrie and the 'fire' idea (which is the COOLEST EVER!!!) came from THIS incredible woman here (can you believe the fire is made from the stampin up BIRD punch??? That's right, the ACTUAL BIRD!) and the rest of this is...well...I have no one to blame but myself.

You see, I have BIG ideas. This approach leads to great stress issues for me. Because, 9 out of 10 times, I become a cautionary tale for 'grand ideas'. Not that there's anything wrong with big ideas! It's just that I can't quite get the things in my head to appear in real life. At the end of the day, I've had to accept the realities of life, such as there IS such a thing as too much scor-tape, there ARE things that Un-Du solvent simply CAN'T 'undu', and women who attempt manslaughter on their husbands always get caught.

Wait...scratch that last one. It belonged in another diatribe.

But at the end of this project, I can tell you that I learned the most important lesson that ANYONE can learn, when it comes to art and 'big ideas'.

And that is, at some point, you WILL finish that sucker. heh heh

Okay...on to the recipe. I used flower soft and the memory box tree leaf die to create the flower patches. The butterflies are from memory box and the rabbit is from Impression Obsession. The campfire was made using 3 birds from the bird punch from SU! and 2 word window punches, also from SU! The tent is covered in sticky canvas and inked with Brushed Corduroy and brown thread stands in for the lines. I made a small flap for the campfire and rabbit to aid in them being able to fold flat.

No comments:

Post a Comment